Thursday, March 4, 2010

Going Places And Learning New Things

Positive Quote Of The Day:
"Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory"
-George S. Patton


School News:

Today was a long day of school. I accomplished a ton of work in my first two classes which is super. But my last class of the day gave me a huge challenge. I had to take a really hard exam and I have no idea how I did. But, Sharon said that she will have our grades posted before Monday. I'm crossing my fingers and toes! If I manage to get an A in her class this semester, I'll be on the dean's list.

Honeymoon News:
Dan and I found an awesome travel agent at AAA. Her name is Joie and she is helping us put together the best vacation ever! For those of you who don't know, Dan has never done any kind of traveling ie. no planes, no trains, no ships. The farthest he has traveled is to Las Vegas. This trip is going to be a lot of firsts for him so we are both super excited. The first part of our trip is going to be a western Caribbean cruise.


This is our cruise ship. She is Royal Caribbean's Navigator Of The Seas. There are endless amenities on this ship including, an ice rink and rock climbing wall. We will set sail January 15th from Fort Lauderdale Fl. Our first port of call is Cozumel Mexico and the second port of call is Grand Caymen. I can't wait to plan our shore excursions!


Yesterday I was watching flight prices on Priceline.com and I found the perfect flight for an amazing price. SFO to FLL for only $82.00! I called Joie and told her what I was seeing and she told be to purchase them right away because the flights she was able to find for us we much more expensive. It was just one of those times where I was in the right place at the right time. So now the first part of our honeymoon is all set.

In other news:
I have been trying to figure out how to make money at home so that I can finish up school without having to go back to work. Over the last week or so Dan and I have been talking about starting our own business from home. The idea is to make homemade items and sell them online. I have always wanted to learn how to sew and this idea is giving me a reason to take the time to learn. Saturday my friend Kristi is going to give me lessons. My first project is a purse.


This is the inspiration for my first piece. POLKA DOTS!!!! Any who... I want to learn new skills and build on the skills I already have and capitalize on these skills. My mom is one of those freakishly talented and crafty people so, I am hoping that the crafty gene got passed down to me. We shall see...


Have A Happy Night-

Free









No comments:

Post a Comment