Friday, March 19, 2010

Busy Bee

Positive Quote Of The Day:


A man is the product of his thoughts, what he thinks he is.


-Ghandi


School News:



Wow this week was crazy! I have been going at warp speed all week and I got a lot of stuff done but, now I'm pooped. This semester I'm taking life management . My instructor told the class that this would be a semester of change and she wasn't kidding. She told us that a goal is not a goal unless you schedule daily tasks to make your goal a reality, its just a fantasy. We have been working on a goals project. This project made me write down my long term goals, my intermediate goals, and my daily tasks that will put things in action. I have been aware of my long term goals and my short term goals for quite awhile now but I haven't been doing anything to move forward with my goals. Since I could physically see what I want and what I need to do to get there I became really motivated. All though if you were to ask Dan right now he would say I'm way to motivated. I have been up until about 4am every night this week and since our shack is so tiny I have been disrupting his sleep. I feel bad but I can't help it.



So far this week I have gotten the following items done:


1. Organization- my filing system is updated, my calendar is updated, There are lists everywhere, and my desk has been rearranged to increase productivity.


2. I polished up my resume


3. I have made spreadsheets for everything ie. school assignments, degree requirements, travel, chores, and financial.


4. The dreaded credit report- I have been avoiding this task for a long time because I was of what I would find. I was pleasantly surprised YAY!!! I was really worried about my student loans but since I'm still a full time student they are deferred for quite awhile and not accumulating interest. Score! So now I have some light cleaning up to do and then my score should shoot up pretty quick.


I'm pretty excited about getting so much done. I'm planning on landing a job in the beginning of May because April is to hectic to start a new job. But the ball is rolling =)


Advisory Board News:


We had our March meeting yesterday and there was a lot of talk about budget cuts and whatnot. This is probably my least favorite part of being on the board because it is almost always bad news and the mood in the room tends to be pretty gloomy. On a positive note, when I got to the meeting my business cards were sitting there waiting for me. I know I'm a dork. The best part of the meting was a video we got to watch about teen drinking in our community. It was put together with students from San Luis Obispo County and it was really well done.



Cooking:

I found a recipe for oreo cupcakes on annieseats.com and I had to make them. They came out really good. Due to my current diet plan, I had to get them out of the house so I brought them to school. My classmates loved them and they were really happy to get cupcakes in class. YUMMY!

Have A Happy Night


-Free






No comments:

Post a Comment