Saturday, February 27, 2010

Tsunami In The Kitchen

Positive Quote of the Day:

Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind -Dr. Seuss


First I would like to say that my prayers are with the people of Chili and all others that are suffering from today's earthquake and tsunamis. For those of you who know me well, you all probably know that I was a basket case today due to the tsunami advisory that was in effect here on the central coast. For those of you that do not know me well, I am deathly afraid of cold water. But we made it through the day with nothing but high surf and for that I'm so thankful.


Now on to the fun stuff...


Dan went down to Apple Valley with one of his buddies to do some wrenching. Normaly when he goes out of town, I like to have a nice meal waiting for him when he gets home. So today I decided to try a new recipe that I found on fortheloveofcooking-recipes.blogspot.com for Chicken and Bisuits. I'm not sure if it was because of the tsunami advisory or not but tonight I was a tsunami leaving distruction in my kitchen. There was flour everywhere, pots boiling over, dishes everywhere, and food all over the floor. Kinsey appreciated the food on the floor and I appreciated her cleaning the floor. Despite the mess, dinner turned out really well.




Fresh out of the oven and smelling yummy!


Both of us enjoyed dinner and we have enough leftovers to last us for a few days. I was hoping to beable to make dessert but Dan didn't call when he was on his way home so I didn't have enough time to make both. I have a recipe for dessert that I have been wanting to try for a few weeks now but for whatever reason I can't seem to find the time to make it. I'll have to find time to make it tomorrow because as of Monday I'm going to be on a very strict diet.


Tomorrow is Kinsey's first birthday and I have a lot of fun things planned. I know its a little silly to plan a birthday for a puppy but I can't help myself. Tomorrow I'll post pictures and hopefully pictures of my dessert if I can find the time.


Have A Happy Night-


Free















No comments:

Post a Comment