Thursday, April 8, 2010

Work, School, And Life Oh My!

Quote Of The Day:
"So much time and so little to do. Strike that, reverse it"
-Willy Wonka

Job News:

Well, I spent all of my spring break working but it was way worth it. I’m enjoying just about every aspect of my new job. We are constantly busy running around trying to get the store set up. I must say that I had no idea how much work goes into retail jobs. Having never worked with any of the product we sell, I’m learning lots of new things daily. The best part of my new job is definitely my coworkers. I have made a lot of new friends which is nice. Since everyone is new and in the learning process we are all equals which is super. Next week I get to do some training in the Santa Maria location so I’m pretty excited. =) Also, I got a second job today working for an up and coming production company in the Bay Area. For now I will be doing all of my work through phone, email, and snail mail corespondence. When I move back up north I have a guarenteed office job waiting for me YAY! The best part of the job is being able to help out a friend. My friend chris owns the company and being able to work closely with a great friend will be really fun.

School News:
I can't lie... All of the assignments I planned on doing over spring break never got started. I'm really kicking myself now because I'm going to have to do all of my work in the next week. I have been having a hard time adjusting to my crazy new hours. Tomorrow I have to run a few errands and then I have the whole day to get some stuff done.

Food News:
I have made several delicious dishes in the last week but due to the fact that I’m now a space cadet I have forgotten to take pictures. I made Black bean Enchiladas, Chicken and Spinach Lasagna, Irish Carbomb Cupcakes, and Cookie Dough Cupcakes. Every recipe was a hit so I’ll be making them all again soon and I’ll make sure to take pictures and post them.

Life:
Last Saturday was Nick's bachelor party and it was so much fun. Things were really relaxed and we all had a great time. It was a great send off for Nick the single guy. In two days he will be a married man and I'm so happy for him. The wedding is hawaiian theamed with an open bar so needless to say, fun will be had by all. I picked up my bridesmaid dress from my alterations lady this afternoon and it looks great. I'll be taking Kinsey to her pet resort in the morning and as soon as Dan gets home from work we are getting in the car and heading up north. We will be making a pit stop at the Sonic in Gilroy for drinks!!! I'll be spending the night with the ladies in a nice hotel with plenty to drink. Due to the fact that I have to be at work really early on Monday, we will be driving home right after the wedding. But the following week I'll be relaxing on a cruise so I think I can deal with a crazy schedule for a little bit longer.

Have A Happy Night
-Free

No comments:

Post a Comment